Informational content in your company blog, when used the right way, is a very powerful tool for marketing purposes. Not only will it help companies create awareness around their brand, but it can also aid with improving their revenue stream. However, you must have a detailed and structured content strategy for your blog page to flourish.
One of the most effective forms of blog writing is informational content. It means informing the readers about a specific product, service, or even promotion that the company is offering. It also aims to provide detailed solutions to questions that the consumers are asking, and what they can expect from them. It is not an entirely new process, but adding it to your marketing strategy can be a game-changer.
Here are a few reasons why you should start incorporating informational content creation into your strategy to boost sales:
- It generates brand awareness. Creating informational content that is relevant to your industry will make you one of the most sought-after thought leaders in your field. As long as you cite credible sources and include facts in your drafts, you will surely become one of the go-to blog pages for your target market.
- Helps build trust and credibility. Once your readers see how credible you are when it comes to providing informational content, they will begin to build a sense of trust surrounding your brand.
- Increased traffic. The more people see and read your articles, the higher your web traffic will be.
- Improves lead generation. Once your audience knows how your products and services work, they will likely be convinced to try them out. This means more sales revenue for you, which can help the brand grow exponentially.
How to Use Informational Content to Boost Sales
Now that we have talked about what informational content is and the benefits that it provides, it’s time to discuss how to use it to boost your sales online.
Carefully Select the Right Topics
See what your customers are keen on reading, and invest your time researching what they are clicking on. To do this, first, you must segment your audience based on their demographics: eg. what their interests, gender, age, profession, and location are. You can also send out a survey to see what they are interested in when it comes to articles.
Next, look for trends within your industry. You can use Google Trends for more defined analytics of what you should be focusing on. Once you have this information, you can start looking for keywords that you can use throughout the article. Doing this will help give the article leverage, especially when it comes to SERP rankings.
Creating articles that are not only informational but also relatable can give you an edge over your competitors. You can make your article even more visible to the public by sharing it on your social media pages, forums, and community groups.
Give Them an Irresistible Offer
Nobody can resist a good offer, and it definitely helps capture your readers’ attention. This is an exceptionally important strategy if you are trying to sell your products and services without sounding too “salesy”. You can balance the article out by giving out special discounts and promotions. However, avoid pushing the customers into buying your items, as this can immediately turn them off.
Moreover, you can also provide great insights into the article. Give out useful tips and tricks that the consumers can use; ones that can add value to their lives. Come up with incredible facts and include reliable sources so they know that your blog is the real deal.
Find Your Niche
In an online world that’s full of literally billions of articles, it can be difficult to catch your audience’s attention. If you want to target a very specific set of readers, you should consider finding a niche that you are really good in. Look for informational content topics that you can dive into and provide additional knowledge that your viewers will appreciate. This way, you’ll gain a set of loyal patrons that can make your blog page and website thrive even more.
Below are a couple of tips that you can follow to find a niche for your blog:
- Look for a niche that you or your writers are knowledgeable about. This will make the process faster, easier, and more effective.
- Do your research and see which topics are being talked about, and how big the audience is. You can use Wordtracker to see how many people are clicking on the keywords that you will use for your article/s.
- It should be interesting, provide crucial information, and be profitable all at the same time.
- Take a peek at your competitor’s niches and see what their audience wants to see.
Try Creating Your Own Videos and Podcasts
The popularity of videos and podcasts dramatically increased over the past few years. According to Statista, the number of digital video viewers from all around the world increased to 3.37 billion in 2022, compared to 3.26 billion in 2021 – and we are not even halfway through the year. For podcasts, the total number of listeners came up to about 383.7 million in 2021.
Informational content doesn’t have to be limited to just blog posts, though this is the most popular form that’s known to marketers. With the rise of video and podcast consumption, it’s safe to assume that your audience will also enjoy these types of content from your brand.
You can try inviting industry leaders and interviewing them about certain topics that are relevant to your niche. This way, your audience will see that you are, indeed, trying to put out content that is of high value and can help them understand the brand and industry further. Additionally, you can also touch on trending topics or even tutorial videos that your viewers can learn from.
Informational content is seen as an honest and trustworthy way to capture your target market’s attention. Not only does it add value to your blog page, but it also helps in increasing a streamlined revenue. Intensive research and listening to your audience are key to writing informational content to boost sales, and it’s high time you try the tips that we have provided for you today.